From the Fair Group – Only 4 sleeps to go!
“How many tickets will I have?”
“I want to drop the rats”
“I’m going to use all of my pocket money at the Fair”
Here’s just some of the household communication we’re hearing! Only 4 sleeps to go with the weather looking fine – partly cloudy with a balmy 21 degrees. Don’t forget your sunscreen and pōtae (hat)!
If you haven’t already, please visit the link below to the Tauranga Waldorf School Fair Facebook page and like and share some posts to let our community know what’s happening:
Thank you to everyone who has already put in so much work and for those of you who are giving up their time this weekend to create a true showcase of our school and community for the wider public (not to mention all of the fun we are going to have!).
A few quick notes
- Cakes, slices, cookies, brownies and quiche boxes are available from the Michael Hut, outside the Office or at the Friday market this week.
- Sweet treats & fudge cellophane bags are available from the Michael Hut, outside the Office or at the Friday market this week.
- We had a change of heart and decided to sell children’s money at this week’s Friday Market. Necklaces of 10 tickets each will be available for $10. Payments can be made in cash or by EFTPOS (no cash out facility available though).
- Food tickets are available for $5 each to be used at the Dhal & Rice, Lunch Café or Sausage Sizzle stalls
- On Fair day, children’s money and food tickets can be purchased from the EFTPOS stations (not at the entrances). We are grateful if you can bring cash to enable a speedier transaction on the day.
- Zero waste is again our focus so please bring reusable coffee cups, drink bottles (there are filling stations) and your own picnic set or plates if you prefer.
Delivery of contributions items
Just a reminder as to where you need to deliver your contributions on Sunday morning before 9am please:
- All cakes, slices, cookies, brownies, sweet treats and fudge to Class 4 (collect boxes and cellophane bags from the Michael Hut, outside the Office or at the Friday market this week)
- All quiches to Class 5 (collect boxes from the Michael Hut, outside the Office or at the Friday market this week)
- All plates of small savoury items for the Courtyard Café to the Cowshed
- All beautiful cut flowers to the Flower Garlands stall between the main stage and the Whare
- All jams, pickles, preserves, produce etc. to the Plants & Produce stall near Class 6
- All plants to the Plants & Produce stall near Class 6
- All lettuce to the Cowshed between 8-10am on Saturday
Fair map & key changes
The Fair Map is attached with a few changes from last year, as a result of the change in timing, the new back field area or just to make things more efficient:
- We aren’t using Class 7 and the Whare – instead using Class 6 and the back field for:
- The Crafty Pukeko (back field)
- Eftpos (Class 6)
- The open day classroom and outdoor classroom tour starting point (Class 6)
- The market stalls (back field)
- There is no courtyard stage – it’s now called the “Market Stage” and is on the back field
- There are no waffles or banana icies this year
- The Smoothie Bike stall is now in the courtyard in front of Class 1 and Class 2
- The Children’s Shop is in Autumn Rose (not Kotahi)
Along with the fair map, we’ve also attached the entertainment schedule and list of stall coordinators for your reference. Please visit links below.
Looking forward to making some magic together!
Ma tini ma mano ka rapa te whai
Many hands make light work. Unity is strength.
From the Class 3 Fair Team.
The core Class 3 coordination team
If you have any questions at any stage, please ask a Class 3 parent or contact the relevant person below:
Internal Stalls Coordinator:
Eve Bachellier firstname.lastname@example.org for all queries about school-run stalls
External Stalls Coordinator:
Dunja Balmer email@example.com
Diana Ment firstname.lastname@example.org for all stall holder’s purchase needs
Katy Smith email@example.com for any purchasing approval
Philippa Felton firstname.lastname@example.org if you have sponsorship contacts or donations
Kim Ligtvoet email@example.com for any craft-related queries
Mel Auld firstname.lastname@example.org – M 021 471 639 for all other queries